Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lrf personal best smashed...............

Went out with a friend of mine this morning we were going to
try for some bass but an easterly wind put pay to that idea
it was also my mates first time ever fishing so the mark had to
be fairly easy to get to no cliffs etc.. We fished for a while and only
managed one pollock between us a little over 1lb in weight
We moved on I swithced over to lrf and managed a few little blennys
and one litttle ballan

David managed one more small pollock of a couple of ounces and that was it a fairly barren session
but great crack as he had never been fishing or caught a fish before. Home we went I dropped him off
and back out fishing I went to the same that had produced some nice wrasse for me last week.
A few casts in and I was into a little ballan


I fished with a few missed fish and a couple of bungee jumpers then a very slight tap...tap.......
whack all hell broke loose the solpara doubled over and the drag screamed on the reel i knew
straight away I was into a serious fish it made an initial dive which I stopped and then ran out from the ledge I was fishing for about 10-15yards , I managed to turn and surface the fish when I saw the size of it I almost s**t myself with excitement it dived again and back up it came I got the net and just had it in when the wrasse
decided otherwise and back down it went my heart was pumping and I breathed a massive sigh of relief
when i netted the fish I thought my other personal best was big but this was a real beast of 5lb 8oz a serious
rockfish!!!!







Pictures do not do this fish justice at all anyway this was not only my best lrf but all time personal best wrasse.
I couldnt belive the way the solpara reacted to this fish it was a proper test and it soaked it up no problem
a fantastic piece of kit for the money.
So the fish was fairly deep hooked i went to my bag which I had forgot to pick up in my excitement and here
it was floating away in the water i sheer joy turned to panic I tried to get to it on the rocks no chance so I picked up my other rod and cast over the bag hoping for a hook up and after a few casts much to my relief
I caught my bag pulled it in to see what was missing and everything was still there phew!!!


Well thats all for today a day of highs all round and i must say i am an extremly
happy angler!!

Tight lines,

Jay

5 comments:

  1. Hola Jay,bonita pieza y de muy buen tamaño,ademas si es capturada en un lugar complicado mas merito para el pescador,enhorabuena.
    Un Abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay mate top anglnig what can i say but well done indeed that is no mean feet of skill.
    Well done again..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant stuff Jay!!
    I hope your trousers come clean after that lot mate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome fish on the Solpara, Wow ! Well in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a monster... Our favorite Atlantic fish... Still a dream to acomplish! Well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete