Friday, January 27, 2012

New year..New name ....

I started this blog almost a year to the day as a way
to chronicle my bass fishing exploits around the South
East coast of Ireland but a year in and my angling and
outlook on angling has changed immensely.
I've learned new techniques and have lots more to learn for example
a year ago I had heard of  LRF but had never even considered
trying it and I am now a total convert and i get as much enjoyment
from a small scorpion fish as I do from a big bass so I felt a change
of  name was in order for my blog to reflect where my angling is
at this present moment in time.
The biggest change in my lure angling has been WRASSE on soft
plastics apparently a couple of years ago it couldnt be done
so i heard anyway whether its on the lrf gear or the heavier gear
the wrasse fast bacame my favourite species of 2011


Thanks to techniques developed and shared by the guys of
JBG(jerseybassguide) they have now become a viable target for
me and many other lure anglers across Ireland and the UK

I was in Tramore the other day and was talking to Cian in
Absolute Fishing and they are organising the inaugaral
Irish Bass Fishing Festival


this will be ran from the 20th - 22nd of July 2012 and will
be a shore only and entirely catch and release and only lure caught fish
are elidgible.
I urge as many anglers as possible to partake in this event and help to make
it a success so hopefully it will be the first of many festivals to come
full details can be found on

http://www.irishbassfestival.com/




A mate of mine Steven came down to visit this week to see if we
could pick up an early bass but unfortunately conditions were against us
from the beginning and we ended up tucked away from the rain but not the wind
on the weds in a little estuary where Steven hooked up but the fish spat
the hook before we were basically forced to call it a day as conditions
worsened.
We tried again on the Thursday with nice conditions but very cold all round
unfortunately most marks were full of weed and almost unfishable due to the
blow the previous day so no fish had but He's back down in April and hopefully
he can pick up a fish then.
You can read about Stevens fishing exploits on his blog
Rookie Bass Angler

Well thats all from me for now

Tight lines

Jay



1 comment: