Sunday, May 20, 2012

A little bit of LRF...

Well the bass ban has begun and of course the weather has
improved alot and conditions today were picture perfect
with a very light south westerly and nice spring tides I
was very tempted to try for a bit of silver but its only 25 days
and the ban will be over so i can hit them in earnest.

Out with the LRF gear my major craft solpara and daiwa caldia
with sunline rockfish pe 6lb with 5lb sunline leader

I got to the mark with 2hrs of the fall left and began to fish the
various pools and gullies. I didnt get a touch until dead on low
tide with the first fish being a little pollock




















It continued like this for another few fish with the only lure getting any interest being a gulp
sandworm rigged on an ecogear bottom head.

As the tide turned i began to see some small wrasse moving around on the bottom of the gullies
I dropped the lure to the bottom and got a few small taps but no hook up the fish were being very
coy so i shortened the lure a touch and it worked a treat first LRF ballan of the day























a nice little fish of just under 1lb back it went and I continued to fish the various holes and
pools with a few touches and short takes then another little ballan took the lure





















I spotted another couple of fish at the far side of another pool and dropped in the lure
which resulted in a lovely little corkwing wrasse


Another few casts in the same general area resulted in another corkwing which strengthens my
idea that corkwings are particular gregarious since I have found that if i catch one I'll generally
get another from almost the same spot

I moved on to another little gully and managed one more little ballan

I fished on for another hour or so hoping for a better stamp of fish but it seemed to have totally
switched off this seems to happen when the sun is high in the sky and the water is extremely clear.
Anyway by this time the hunger was setting in so I packed up and headed home.
I hope you enjoyed reading .

Tight lines...

Jay



2 comments:

  1. This summer I will try, have all the equip ready and waiting :)

    good luck
    João Pinto - Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  2. lightrockfishingplanet.blogspot.com

    gracias

    ReplyDelete