Friday, September 7, 2012

A little bit of LRF......

 I finally managed to get on Wednesday last for a couple of hours in the atternoon
I didnt expect much as the tide was falling and was pretty small but i went out anyway
and picked up a few fish ....

First up was the ever hungry pollock





 These were followed a short time after by a nice little ballan



Then I managed to pick up one of my favurite rockfish the ever stunning corkwing





 A nice enjoyable session on my break from work.

So I was off today and my card for the Lure Heaven species comp arrived this morning
full details of this competition can be found on Lure Heavens facebook page .

I decided first up would be the fish that had eluded me up until a couple of weeks ago the flounder
I headed up and arrived at the mark to be greeted with glorious sunshine and crystal clear water.

I rigged up a little Big Hammer perch grub in rootbeer and began to fish nice and slowly with plenty
of twitches, lifts and stops and after a few casts i was into my first fish.



A nice flounder just over 29cm back she went and i fished on another few cast and another bite these flounder bites are so subtle ....



The fish were really game today with another few bites and a couple of dropped fish
so i switched over to a power isome and second cast...




A new personal best flounder at 33cm which I am very pleased about

So I fished on changing lures around from isome to grubs ...






Another few flounder landed and a cracking little 2hour session with over a dozen fish landed and almost the
same amount lost. I have to say that I really enjoyed this particular session because the flounder had eluded
me for so long.

Thats all for now back out again tonight ....

tight lines

Jay

1 comment: