Saturday, May 18, 2013

Todays fishing...............

I woke up this morning to quite an unusual thing ..........

clear blue skies , blazing sunshine and little or no wind!!!!

My first thoughts would have been bass but seeing as the ban is in force
from 15th may through to 15th june


So my thoughts turned to wrasse but unfortunatly even with stunning clear water with little
or no swell all i could manage was a few small tentative taps in the morning so I decided to head
for some LRF.....

Expecting coalies and pollock , I went down to my local quay but the just werent playing ball
very strange conditions looked perfect but the fish just didnt seem to be there or if they were
they were not feeding.

So I moved on to different species another little favourite of mine the rock goby.....






had a fair amount of these obliging little critters most were nicely coloured in breeding colours i suppose
with the bright yellow stripe on the front dorsal and a nice white stripe on the second dorsal

I moved on after a while to try for some other species

So I tried for some blennies a species I havent had this year so far .......



No shortage of these around with plenty taking my lure including one massive fat blennie
that was almost 12inches long no matter how I tried I couldnt get a decent shot of the
length it kept curling up as blennies tend to do




this was properly big blenny certainly the biggest I've caught with a huge head and very fat stomach prob
full of spawn

I also got a nice spider crab which is a first for me......lol



A really unusual looking creature very ungainly on land but still quick enough to give me a nip as I
put it back.

I picked up a few little scorpion fish too...







And finally I managed one lone Ballan wrasse




Not exactly what I was expecting from the day but it ended up being a good session after all

I hope you enjoyed the read

Tight lines

Jay



1 comment:

  1. Bass Lure: Fishing Bass Lure are the form of Soft baits made from soft plastic or rubber in many shapes of mice, midsized fish, and craw-fish.

    ReplyDelete