Monday, July 9, 2012

The past few days....

I picked up my new rod on Tursday last from Cian down
in Absolute Fishing a Graphiteleader Tiro GOTS-832M MR and
so far I am really happy with it the sensitivity it has is unreal I can feel
every little bump and touch the lures take on the bottom or on the retrieve



I couldnt wait to try out the rod so headed out that evening to see if I could pick up a bass
unfortunately the bass didnt want to play but the pollock certainly did


This one taken on a xlayer on an ilex texas head. I then switched techniques to one I had been practicing
the ''softneedle'' which is a take on the US striped bass anglers hard needle fish all the information you need
on this technique can be found on the British Rockfishing Association website.
I have been practicing this for a while but up until now have been largely unsuccessful however the
other night it came together nicely with a total of 30 pollock falling to the needle no big fish but
I was just glad to see my work paying off.


That was Thursday so on to Friday a day in which I had high hopes as I had planned a trip to the Saltees
a pair of islands approx 5km off the coastline of Wexford. The day started of great a little overcast but nothing to worry about but as the boat set for the island the first few drops of rain came and continued
to get progressively heavier as the day went on. I did try to get to various spots but the combination of
bird droppings and rain made it seem like the whole island was covered in vaseline and made scaling cliffs
treacherous so i made the most of a bad day and looked at the wonderful wildlife.









I returned from the islands a little dissappointed but how and ever I shall go out another day when the
weather allows

I woke on Saturday to find a totally different day to the one previous blue skies , sun shining so off
I set target wrasse I really wanted to see how the Tiro would transmit the bites and I wasnt dissappointed
the bite transmission through this rod is brilliant i could feel every little touch that a fish made on the lure
heres some of the fish i had









Over a dozen wrasse landed and the same again in missed bites and bungee jumpers.
I was very pleased with the rod and how it handled these fish

I also snuck in some Lrf something which i have neglected recently while in search of
Bass







By now the sun was beggining to set and the pollock were beggining to play ball




But it wasnt until the sun set when the fun really began it was softneedle time once again and again the fish
really wanted to play







It takes a little resolve fishing this style but it can really pay dividends with another 40 plus fish landed
to this technique they just went crazy for this ''actionless'' lure

A really enjoyable few days fishing with plenty of fish
I hope you enjoyed reading until next time

Tight lines

Jay


No comments:

Post a Comment