Sunday, July 15, 2012

A quick Saturday session...

I went out early on Saturday morning to try for a few Bass
conditions werent ideal with a northerly wind and the bottom of the
neap tides and predictably they didnt play ball.
So I decided to head for some wrasse at a new mark that I hadnt
tried before this particular mark has a nice depth of water probably
about 15-20 feet deep.
Almost immediately I started to pick up pollock  O.T.D. in fact I
couldnt get past them for a while with almost a fish a cast quite fun
actually not what I had initially planned but the stamp of fish was
much better than other days with fish up to 3lb putting a nice
bend in the rod in the usual polllock style of crash diving and
power runs







I carried on fishing occasionally getting past the pollock to the bottom with the odd
tap here and there.

I did mange to pick up a single wrasse which absolutely smashed the lure while I was
retrieving up a ledge but it was a very nice fish weighing in at 4lb 14oz and it went like an
absolute train making several runs and certainly put a serious bend in the Tiro which
soaked it up no problems at all



A nice stocky wrasse that must have had a run in with something else at some stage
since it had a big chunk missing from its tail fin but it certainly didnt seem to make
much difference as this fish still had bags of power

An enjoyable session overall not the intended session but fun all the same.

Tight lines

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment