Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Some people......

With everything positive thats happening in angling these days I
thought that my Irish readers or indeed those from abroad should
be made aware of the actual laws that surround bass angling
in Ireland.


1 : It is prohibited to take and kill or have in possession any Bass
     of less than 40cm in length

2 : It is prohibited take and kill or have in possession more than 2
     Bass in any period of 24hrs

3 : The closed season for Bass angling of any sorts is from midnight 15th
     may up to midnight on the 15th June.


I bring this up because as I was out the other day i noticed 2 people
lure angling and on the rocks they had 2 bass both of which were clearly
undersized and as I approached they tried to hide the fish.

When I asked them what they were doing killing fish of such a small size
I was politely told to f**k off and mind my own business. So i pushed the
matter further with them and tried to explain that what they were doing
was illegal. I got the old adage of  ''were not doing any damage its the
guys netting that are ruining the fishing''. I told them they of course they were
damaging the fishing by keeping fish that hadn't even reached breeding size
and for instance if they both kept 2 small fish a day for a week its 28 less
fish in the area and it could potentially destroy anglling in the area


But they didnt care less I dont think anything i would have said would
have made a difference.


It really sickens me to see people blatantly killing fish the area they were in 
was an open beach a total disregard for the laws and any progress that has
been made with Bass angling in Ireland 

Yet these same people wonder why the fishing isnt as good as it was.......

FUCKING IDIOTS.


Jay

4 comments:

  1. Well said lad .... Everybody makes an impact be it nets men, trawlers or guys like that. About time people stopped blaming others and start looking at their own fishing practices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly mate I totally agree the two guys in question should be ashamed of themselves the fish they kept were a pound in weight if they were lucky and the fact that they tried to hide them made the ignorance plea worthless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jay... I wish the local powers that be would invoke similar rules in our waters to help protect the fish levels. And to hide behind the old netting argument. Conservation starts with yourself.. nubs!!

    Kudos to you for challenging them, I hope any decent lure angler would do the same and make things awkward for these ignorant anglers to continue fishing for undersized fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay!

    I was reading through your older posts and stopped at this one only to realize that the same stupid thing happens here in Portugal!
    The nets get the blame (they have their share in destroying everything aswell...), but ignorant, selfish, so-called "fisherman" catch small size bass and keep them only because "they taste really good fried".

    Our only chance is to make a complain to the authorities and hope they catch the bastards...!

    Happy fishing!

    ReplyDelete